The liver is among the most important organ That plays a very important role in regulating the metabolic actions of the human body and detoxifying the body by filtering toxic and dangerous chemicals. Liver Function Test LFT is a blood test that offer useful information regarding the wellbeing of the liver. It measures the number of proteins, liver enzymes, and bilirubin in your blood. LFT test comprises of specific parameters such as Albumin Test, Bilirubin Test, SGOT, SGPT, and much more. A liver function test can Be performed for several reasons. Some doctors perform LFT as part of a regular check-up, though some doctors may recommend a liver function test to monitor patients that are at the probability of developing liver ailments. LFT can also be utilised to monitor someone’s liver disease and to find the efficacy of treatment.
A liver function test is usually recommended in the next conditions:
- To check any harm from liver infections like Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- To track any side effects from drugs that damage the liver.
- If a man is suffering from medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, anaemia, etc.
- When someone is experiencing symptoms of liver disease.
- If an individual consumes alcohol in excessive amount
- To understand the intensity of a disorder if somebody already has a liver disorder.
- If a person has gall bladder disease.
LFT is used to determine the degree of proteins and enzymes in the blood. Higher or lower levels with regard to normal may be a symptom of liver disease. Some common LFT’s are:
- Alanine transaminase ALT — ALT is a lft test price in delhi enzyme that is used to convert proteins into energy to the liver cells. At a damaged liver, ALT is released into the blood, and the amount increases.
- Aspartate transaminase AST — AST is an enzyme which metabolizes amino acids. AST is usually within the bloodstream in a very low quantity. A heightened level of AST is a symptom of liver damage.
- Alkaline phosphatase ALP — ALP is an enzyme that is present in the liver and bones, and it is important from the breaking down of proteins. A heightened amount of ALP indicates liver ailments, such as obstructed bile duct or few bone ailments.
- Gamma-glutamyl transferase GGT — An enzyme found in a huge amount in the liver, bile ducts, and pancreas. A heightened level of GGT can be a sign of liver or bile duct damage.